Friday, February 25, 2011

34 Years Old + 174 Days

Friday....

Election Day!

Today the people of Ireland are going to vote for a new government. The last time that the people voted at an election we got our previous government. It lead me squarely to the believe that people do NOT want to change. Oh sure every individual wants change... they want it, but in general when the people as a whole, as a nation can change, they do not.

Democracy keeps us free to a certain extent, but in general... it is the chain that keeps us fettered to the fear we have of asking for something different.

Today we could have changed the country... I wonder what "the people" have chosen, the frying pan or the oven? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Reality Of The News

There have been a few times where I have clicked on a news article only to realise that I have been hit with a paywall. I don't mean thi...