Friday, September 10, 2010

34 Years Old + 5 Days


If you look closely at the picture you will see that it is infact an increadibly lucky hand that I had that finished off my brother at a poker game we had tonight. He was winning and i need 2 of exactly 4 cards to come up.. and they did. It is easy to walk away from a game of poker like that and think that you understand how to win at cards, but you do not. It is alot of chance with whatever skill you too can bring to the table.
Just for the record I think I won €60.
Today there was a high tide... I went down to the peer that I pass on the way down to my house and the sea level was so high that the water was going out onto the road! There is a word for this in Irish, "lán rabharta".

1 comment:

  1. That is a good hand! Congrats on the win, and thanks for sharing some Irish.

    ReplyDelete

The Reality Of The News

There have been a few times where I have clicked on a news article only to realise that I have been hit with a paywall. I don't mean thi...