Wednesday, March 9, 2011

34 Years Old + 185 Days

Tuesday...

We had pancakes today. But today was a strange day too. A pet died that we all know and it was indeed very sad. It makes you question the whole life and death thing. When you hear of someone dying that you are not close too, but you might have known, it's it strange that you can be more upset if a pet dies too and you will be really upset about that. I guess that if you are close to your pet that you care more for your pet than alot of poeple that you know. People will say that you should not hold pets more valuable than people but we do. If I have a dog or a cat and I go out to the shop to buy food for them, that is kinda what I am doing. I could send away the money to the poor to help them not starve, but instead I am feeding my nice plump animal. And rightly so. I guess that my point here is, when you are really upset about a pet and if someone implies that you are too upset or that there are other people dying around the world right now and that things should be put in perspective, well, they are not correct. It is a fact, that most pet owners care primarily for their pets that they do for most of the population of humans on the world...

Interesting... is it?

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of a discussion Mart often brought up, about how we could all give more to the poor or starving, but when have you ever given enough? It also reminds me of a story about where the woman brought perfume to Jesus and people questioned that expense. It's certainly a tough topic; I like pets, and I don't think it's wrong to have them or feed them, but I also question when some people spend thousands of dollars on a dog with cancer. It's certainly a tough debate. I try to remind myself that I should always labor to figure out what is right and then do it and leave other people to do the same. In closing, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your pet; that is definitely a sad occasion.

    ReplyDelete

The Reality Of The News

There have been a few times where I have clicked on a news article only to realise that I have been hit with a paywall. I don't mean thi...