Sunday, January 19, 2014

135 - 3D print your house....

Go to the following website -

http://www.contourcrafting.org/

What you can see here is amazing I think. I am friends with people who have build as a hobby a 3D printer. So a thin little ribbon of plastic get fed out through a nozzle and creates and plastic representation, layer upon layer of whatever 3D image it was told to do from the computer that controls it. Of course this technology has been around for years now and everything from lampshades to artificial hips are make using this technique.

Upscale this - alot and it lies to reason that you can print anything I guess. Check out the website to see a house being build effectively by a 3D printer.

Wow. Coming from a family of builders I find the whole thing quite interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Reality Of The News

There have been a few times where I have clicked on a news article only to realise that I have been hit with a paywall. I don't mean thi...