Friday, January 10, 2014

128 - The sound of silence.

No not the hippy duo of the 70's Simon & Garfunkel. I mean when the kids are in school. I am home sick. There are no radios, televisions or computers on. I walk over to the kitchen sink and get a glass of unhealthy drinking water and climatise to the room I am standing in.

It is then that I hear a recurring beep across the room. Everything is quiet and still and now this beep becomes an all encompassing siren by the television.

I look over to where the sound is coming from and see that in my haste attempting in vain to call my sister this morning I did not put the landline phone back on the hook properly. I do so now. And then....

...silence, my old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Reality Of The News

There have been a few times where I have clicked on a news article only to realise that I have been hit with a paywall. I don't mean thi...