Wednesday, January 18, 2012

2012 - Day 17 - hmmm...

Isn't it funny how many days in your life float by without you  noticing it. My week is measured in the following way:

Monday - Karate
Tuesday - Gym
Wednesday - Karate
Thursday - Teacher/Board Games
Friday - Chill
Saturday - Get some house work done
Sunday - Jog/Chill

Thats a week. Those seven little line cover my whole week 1/52th of my WHOLE year in seven lines. Of course there are all the things in between - living life, caring for your family, work, eat, sleep etc. My point is that there are things we do - like I have outlined in the 7 days above - and then there are things we are.

None of the things above tell you really who I am. I could 3 foot tall or 7 foot tall from my seven day description. I could be a sadist or a saint but you could not tell from my seven day description. It tells nothing about who I am, what I like, what I do not like, who I like or dislike.
This really is not a nice image - why did I put it here?

But when it comes to judging people, and I do not mean that in a bad or good way, we tend to look at what they do. This can lead to alot of incorrect assumptions about people. I know that they only way we really can judge people is by what they do however. That is why a person should realise, if they want to be judged as close to whom they really are then they should act and do things in a way that represents them the closest.

The fact that I do exercise 4 times a week would outwardly say that I like exercise. Well, to tell the truth - I would prefer to sit on my ass and play computer games. But really I know that if I want to be still playing computer games in 60 years that I have to loose weight today. It is easy to project an image of yourself as being a kind of person. It is harder for you to project an image of who you really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Reality Of The News

There have been a few times where I have clicked on a news article only to realise that I have been hit with a paywall. I don't mean thi...