Sunday, February 19, 2012

2012 - Day 50 - Kris Kristofferson

I love country music... very much in particular American Country and Blue Grass.Of those, one of my favorite is Kris Kristofferson. I was lucky enough to see him in concert once. It was actually one of my first introductions Linda had with some of my family.

But I like this song too because when we were young we used to listen to country music being play in the car on a cassette player my mother had. Today I woke up to a lovely morning, went for a good jog with Mart and after I settle down after my shower I was really tired and this song seemed appropriate to play.

In this video his voice is no where near as good as it used to be I think, and he is solo, the way I saw him when he was in concert. But it is still very nice. He is a legend.  

*** lol - Lucy my 3 year old is beside me on the bed as I am writing this. She just said "Dad I know what that is - its a muppet!" whilst point at the picture of poor old Mr. Kristofferson ***

1 comment:

  1. I never knew you liked country music. That's really cool. I have always liked Kris Kristofferson as well, and I remember hearing him speak once about how Johnny Cash loved this song. The first time I heard it, I was too young to get it, but I think I understand it better now.

    ReplyDelete

The Reality Of The News

There have been a few times where I have clicked on a news article only to realise that I have been hit with a paywall. I don't mean thi...