Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Living In Oblivion

My favorite PC computer game is definitely the Half Life series. I have played all of the half life games, well all of the official ones. There might be some mods that some HL fans think are a part of the game, but I am satisfied I played all the game so far... btw, word around the camp fire is that Half Life 3 is in development!!!!! :)



But onto my point. I just finished the technically brilliant Crysis. Now, while it was good, I found myself kinda just playing it, like, as a pass time. With Half Life I was engrossed in the whole game, the story, the characters. All brilliant. Would I find that ever again?

Enter Oblivion. I think that I have just played something like 0.5% of the game or something so far, but how brilliant. To me a very good game is when I am doing something, anything, in the day and I find myself thinking of the game I am playing. To me if the game you are not playing is not like that, then leave the game, there are plenty games out there that will do that to you. But Oblivion is definitely like that. I wish I could take a week off and ONLY play it. At least with Half life you could play a little chunk and you would feel like you did something. But with Oblivion, I feel like I have to play a few hours in a row to get proper satisfaction.

Now, I have to get to work, so I can finish, so I can come back here again and play some Oblivion. To those that do not know Half Life or Oblivion I have added links below, take a look at them, they will give you a good idea of what I am talking about.

Link to Oblivion on Gamespot:
http://www.gamespot.com/search.html?type=11&stype=all&tag=search%3Bbutton&om_act=convert&om_clk=search&qs=oblivion&x=61&y=7

Link to Half Life 2 on Gamespot:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halflife2/index.html?tag=result;title;1

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Reality Of The News

There have been a few times where I have clicked on a news article only to realise that I have been hit with a paywall. I don't mean thi...