Saturday, April 12, 2008

Bill Gates no longer the richest man!


Bill Gates, as the title would suggest, is no longer the worlds richest man... this to me is really sad. Why? I don't know really, you think it wouldn't really make a difference to me how rich anyone is. Thing is about Bill Gates is that I heard about him around about the same time as I starting taking a real interest in computers to the two have a kinda pavlovian response thing going on. Hearing his name and thinking about his money makes me happy.
So Who is the riches man now at the moment then, Warren Buffett is the richest man on the planet. Who is Warren Buffett? Check out his wiki page here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Buffett

He has written a few books, but I read one that he wrote in a day and a half. That to me is really quick, it was called "The Road Ahead". http://www.amazon.com/Road-Ahead-Completely-Up-Date/dp/0140260404 I loved it and I would advise people still to read it.
He is still worth something like 25 billion dollars, he owns more than that so that is a conservative figure.
With about 7 billion people on the planet. It means that Bill could give $3.86 to every person on the entire planet and still have some change left over!
If Bill wanted to spend all his time playing Pac-Man, assuming each 25¢ game lasts 10 minutes (he isn't very good at it), Bill could play for 1,936,514.02 Years
If Bill Gates were a country his wealth would make him the 76th richest country. Just above Sri Lanka and just below the total GDP of Bulgaria $26 bn.
The 3 facts above were taken from biographyonline.net. If you want good information on Bill Gates however, you should check out his wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Gates

2 comments:

  1. Bill gates was a nerd... i remember when he got pied in the face and he deserved it

    ReplyDelete
  2. He may no longer be the richest man in the world but he's still not short of a bob or two...




    i'd do him.

    ReplyDelete

The Reality Of The News

There have been a few times where I have clicked on a news article only to realise that I have been hit with a paywall. I don't mean thi...