Friday, January 21, 2011

34 Years Old + 138 Days

Thursday... Linda is back, phew!

There is a book, I am going to give it to Mart, it is called "101 Things To Do Before You Die". One of them, number 87 to be exact, is Conquer Your Fear. So I am wondering, what is my fear? It is not that I am afraid of nothing, but really there is not that much I am afraid of. But then again, it depends on the defination of fear doesn't it. I "Fear" walking out in front of a bus moving at high speed towards me. Should I conquer that? Of course not, fear has lots of practical reasons. I guess what the books refers to is "a fear of walking on the cracks in the pavement" or "a fear of beards". Like I have no strange one. I hate mice, but is hate and fear the same thing? Yoda would say so come to think of it. I hate when I see ants walking on my trouser... I know they are totally harmless. So do I fear them or hate them?

Fear
–noun
1.
a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.
2.
a specific instance of or propensity for such a feeling: an abnormal fear of heights.
3.
concern or anxiety; solicitude: a fear for someone's safety.
4.
reverential awe, esp. toward god.
5.
that which causes a feeling of being afraid; that of which a person is afraid: Cancer is a common fear.

Hate
–verb (used with object)
1.
to dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward; detest: to hate the enemy; to hate bigotry.
2.
to be unwilling; dislike: I hate to do it.
 
Thank you dictionary.com. I guess I just hate alot of little things. I'm afraid I fear not that much really!!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Reality Of The News

There have been a few times where I have clicked on a news article only to realise that I have been hit with a paywall. I don't mean thi...