Thursday, December 16, 2010

34 Years Old + 103 Days

Thursday...

You know if I was driving in a car and we had to be somewhere by a certain time, and I would say to my passenger "am I going fast enough?" to get there on time. Now think about that. Going fast enough is an expression but it is built around and idea too. As in too fast you could have a serious crash or get caught by the police but too slow and you'll be one of those useless drivers that keep up a huge string of people because you are horribly inconsiderate. So there is a measure of correct driving.

Well that got me thinking, you know the way that people say that a job is "good enough" what does it mean? Because on one end of the scale there is the good enough that means you have not done enough to meet the criterion I expect for this job. Like if I said that the cake meant to be in the oven for 45 minutes, it would be good enough to take it after 44 minutes all the same, or even 46 minutes, but not 30 minutes and not half an hour. So there is a good enough.

So where am I going with this. With lots of things in my life they are good enough. But it is worth noting that we are not happy enough with "good enough" with many things, they do in fact have to be a very particular measure of the correct amount of good or bad. So with me, am I happy enough? Am I healthy enough. Do I give my kids "enough" attention? I would get pretty ticked off if my pizza was not done enough or if was too done so I would keep a keen eye on it. I find it funny that with the real things in life I do not measure how they are doing.

Its just interesting, isn't it....

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Reality Of The News

There have been a few times where I have clicked on a news article only to realise that I have been hit with a paywall. I don't mean thi...