Sunday, March 20, 2011

34 Years Old + 196 Days

Saturday...

In an effort to spend more time with the kids, I spent more time with the kids. We went into Galway, Linda, the kids and I. While Linda was away working, I went to Monkey Business with the kids. Now there is funny thing about Lucy, other kids seem to latch onto her. We were in Monkey Business and this other kid that was 2 or 3 came up and started playing with her. Thing is he was playing real "hard core". He was first staring at her. Then he started following her everywhere she went. She went into the ball pool and he followed then he got some of the colored balls and started hitting her on the head with them. I was like, What! Where the hell is this kids parent. So I called Lucy towards me and she left the ball pool. But he followed. When she realised that she has an obvious little stalker she began to pay attention to him and attempted to play with him. But now he started getting pushy and shoving. It was so bad that I had to tell one of the staff who gave a concerned "oh.. mmm... oh ok" but did nothing. So I called in big sister... I told Sophie to stay with Lucy. She did a sterling job of this and I was impress with her.

Then a woman stood up, blonde, kind of attractive - the marrow dried from her bones - and the kid ran with her. There was another older blonde woman with her too. Kids grandmother I guess. They probably saw nothing of what was happening because they were nattering about how men treat them so badly while their own little ignorant lump of meat was simmering away slowly in the pot right in from of them and they noticed nothing.

It made me realise, that kid wasn't good. He wasn't bad - like I don't think he's going to take the 3 Year course in Evil at Trinity in Dublin... but he certainly wasn't normal. If your reading this and thinking "whats all the fuss - they are only kids" then you have missed the point and if you have kids yourself they are pretty much definately going to be up to know good at day and night while you whilst away your life in front of TV looking at crappy lowest common denominator programming. But if your still reading this, you probably do get my point which is - keep an eye on your kids or keep your legs together...

2 comments:

The Reality Of The News

There have been a few times where I have clicked on a news article only to realise that I have been hit with a paywall. I don't mean thi...