Wednesday, September 11, 2013

8 - Number Game

Numbers numbers numbers....

You gotta love numbers. Everything in the world can be explained by numbers. Everything from how I am feeling to the amount of breaths that I will take for the rest of my life could be explained if all the data were at hand. That's what I find so interesting about maths and numbers. Now with that said I am no mathematician, far from it I remember getting 9% in a maths exam once. But then also, I remember when I went to college and I began to think "outside the box" and suddenly a raft of maths that we were doing in leaving cert maths suddenly made sense to me. Too late of course, I had my exams done by then, but I really strongly believe that more people are mathematically inclined than they would expect.

You pick a big number from the top row of blanks, then smaller numbers from the bottom row. Press play - if you get stuck you can show the solution.

It is with all this in mind that I say that you should have a look at the site below. Do not beat yourself up if you cannot get the solution, I would just like you to think in terms of maths for a little. Then when you are finished maybe take a look at the world around you... you can understand more than you think. There is no magic to the world except to magic that is your mind.

http://nrich.maths.org/6499


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Reality Of The News

There have been a few times where I have clicked on a news article only to realise that I have been hit with a paywall. I don't mean thi...