Friday, October 8, 2010

34 Years Old + 33 Days

Toilet... the unspoken hero in the home.
Were you ever really sick and felt you had to throw up and so you made your way to the bathroom. I have... and I was feeling bad, really bad. All my body was weak and I felt as if I have no energy at all. Then I felt the vomit coming... so I collapsed onto my knees and leaned over the toilet bowl.

And there it was. More comforting that the embrace of a loved one. The cold and strangely reassuring feeling of the porcaline bowl in all its unhygenicness pressing agains't my face....

I woke up with my head dangling into the bowl a while later. Looked at the toilet... patted it and said thanks. How many special moments have we had together?

2 comments:

  1. It really is the unspoken hero. One of those things we all take for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donal, I know you don't drink and all, but that totally sounds like a bad hangover story!!!

    ReplyDelete

The Reality Of The News

There have been a few times where I have clicked on a news article only to realise that I have been hit with a paywall. I don't mean thi...