Tuesday, March 20, 2012

2012 - Day 79 - Propaganda

Yesterday I mentioned Chairman Mao. He is the ultimate in propaganda. Before he became the leader of China he worked in the propaganda ministry in the Chinese government. He boasted at one point that he killed 4200 intellictuals whereas a leader before him killed 420 and therefore he was 10 times better than the previous leader! To me that sound like crazy talk. However, go to China and you will find millions and millions of people who will say that under Mao the country grew in strength, living conditions improved and more people got education.

Propaganda I am sure has a lot of definations. My defination is that propaganda is the act of making people see what you want them to see. I was looking at the video below and I found myself questioning weather I was looking at propaganda or not.

Sometimes, maybe it is propaganda. And maybe the propaganda is correct.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't be too eager to get education in a country where the leader proudly boasts how many intellectuals he killed ...

    ReplyDelete

The Reality Of The News

There have been a few times where I have clicked on a news article only to realise that I have been hit with a paywall. I don't mean thi...