Saturday, May 16, 2015

Homemade soup recipe.

Today I made a soup and everyone liked it! What is even more surprising is that I made it in a blind panic because Sophie and Lucy were in the other room playing Minecraft and I wanted to join them as soon as possible.
This is our basil plant.. we named it Fawlty :)

So anyway, here are the ingredients of the soup:
  • 1.7 litres of boiling water.
  • 2 Knorr vegetable stock pot. 
  • 7 large carrots
  • 6 small potatoes
  • 1 full courgette.
  • 2 cloves of garlic (fried on the pan first)
  • 2 peppers (bell peppers?). A green and red one for the record.
  • 1/2 of one leak.
You will need also:
  • Cream (or double cream).
  • Basil (we grow our own! la de da!)
I had boiled the kettle before hand, so there was a full kettle in there, so thats like 1.5 litres right? I had put that in a big enough pot and turned on the heat to being it to the boil as quick as possible. I threw all of the ingredients into the pot. There was not order, no letting one thing go in before the other. I just want to get everything ready to blend.

When it had boiled to the point where everything was soft enough to easily cut a knife through everything I blended the whole lot.Because there was not too much water in it, the soup had a nice thick consistency.

We chopped up some basil leaves. Put in some cream and sprinkled the finely diced basil on top.

We all two bowls :) And all from a stone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Reality Of The News

There have been a few times where I have clicked on a news article only to realise that I have been hit with a paywall. I don't mean thi...