Sunday, January 25, 2015

The morning after git.

It was something like 4am when I went to bed last night and then I had to get up this morning and take my daughter to mass. I ended up getting around 5 hours sleep. I am not complaining at all however. It was cool working out how git worked.

So this morning I sat down to my computer and looked over what I had done last night (becuase you know the way it is, last night it seemed brilliant but in the cold light of day and what have you). It turns out that I had not done everything correctly. One of the repositories were working perfect but the repository for my Oscars 2015 website was not.

It turned out that when I was setting up the repository that I navigated to C:/wamp/www/oscars and then told git to start there and I named the repository OscarWebsite. I was meant to have navigated to c:/wamp/www and then named the repository oscars and then git would realize that the directory was already there and would add its gitignore and gitattributes files there.

So I did that and boom, the whole thing works. I needed git to simply accept that the folder already existed because I use the c:/wamp/www folder setup for wamp.  Wamp creates a web server on your computer and you can use it to test code as you go.

It is all brilliant, and of course...

all free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Reality Of The News

There have been a few times where I have clicked on a news article only to realise that I have been hit with a paywall. I don't mean thi...